• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Edinburgh (1 Viewer)

Hi Bert and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

There are quite a few members here from the Edinburgh area and I'm sure you'll come across them soon.

Keep an eye on Scottish Bash Discussion Thread we've had a few meetings and they've all been great fun

D

delia todd said:
There are quite a few members here from the Edinburgh area and I'm sure you'll come across them soon.
And I'm one of them, welcome Bert!

Speaking of the bash thread Delia, wasn't there supposed to be one at the end of February?!

Edit - ah yes, there was one at the end of February. I remember! March then?

Last edited:
turkish van said:
And I'm one of them, welcome Bert!

Speaking of the bash thread Delia, wasn't there supposed to be one at the end of February?!

ooooh Laura there was one B :) Caerlaverock but you couldn't manage (remember?) something to do with erm... working wasn't it ;) But I think you had your own mini-bash around that time with a certain Smew-hunter :-O

Time to get our thinking hats on again perhaps, can't manage June though this year, off on my travels again.:D

D

Yep, it's all coming flashing back now. Think the smew-hunter must've passed on some of her senility to me! (Don't tell her I said that :) )

Off on your travels again? Wonder where that could be... ;)

delia todd said:
ooooh Laura there was one B :) Caerlaverock but you couldn't manage (remember?) something to do with erm... working wasn't it ;) But I think you had your own mini-bash around that time with a certain Smew-hunter :-O

Time to get our thinking hats on again perhaps, can't manage June though this year, off on my travels again.:D

D
How about a late May one (to selfishly coincide with half-term for me)? But I won't be talking to Laura now after what she's just said! ;)

Oh, and welcome to Bird Forum, Bert5968, most (!) of the Scottish members are a right nice bunch.

Late May suits me too, will be free by then. But I think we're on the wrong thread. Many apologies for hijacking your welcome thread, Bert ;)

But just think Helen, I could sap the rest from you then you'd be a senile-free zone! (Not that I am in any way suggesting you are)

Hello Bert, good luck with the binoculars. Many local people in their 60s and 70s used to bird with all kinds of heavy things. About half of them now use a 8x32. Some are expensive, some are cheaper. If you need lots of light, maybe an 8x42.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back