• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (15 Viewers)

Christ Church on Malvern Road. The juveniles seem to roost on the high pinnacles (there are 4 , one at each corner of the tower) but the adults like to roost on the tracery above the windows, sometimes round the back -walk down Overton Road and look at the back of the Tower.

Thanks for the directions, Bob. I expect to be in Cheltenham later this week.

Good picture.

Peter

Little Stint & Redshank at the flashes at 6.30am.
Little Egret in Amy's Marsh mid morning before flying off north.
The elder bushes alongside west hide attracting lots of passerines including Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff & Blackcap.
Late morning a large female Peregrine dived from high above east hide flushing the gulls and ducks in Amy's Marsh. The gulls stayed low over the water and having failed to make contact it climbed for another dive at the panicking gulls. However, totally misjudged its second dive and ending up doing an impersonation of an osprey.

Attachments

• Little Egret.jpg
    Little Egret.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Blackcap.jpg
    Blackcap.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 116
It's a Linnet. Note the grey legs which rules out the previous suggestion of Corn Bunting.

Brian

Thanks Brian...John and Paul.....my initial I.D. was Linnet then thought Corn Bunting so got really excited with Johns I.D.
Still Linnets are great and on my next visit will be looking out for them....on a better perch hopefully.
Cheers
Keith:t:

The Little Stint was always too distant to get anything other than a record shot this afternoon, the images already submitted on this thread were much better than my efforts today. However I was pleased when 4 Black-Tailed Godwits dropped in giving me the opportunity of a reasonable shot. (Of 3 of them anyway).

Attachments

• IMG_0840 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0840 - Copy.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Nice to have transport again and kick the autumn visits to Upton off with Little Stint and bonus Redshank this evening.

Last edited:
The Little Stint was always too distant to get anything other than a record shot this afternoon, the images already submitted on this thread were much better than my efforts today. However I was pleased when 4 Black-Tailed Godwits dropped in giving me the opportunity of a reasonable shot. (Of 3 of them anyway).

Brian - presumably these are the same four juvenile Blackwits that were at Grimley earlier in the day

Passerine ?

Sorry in advance for using this thread but can someone I.D. this bird....there were about 6-7 of them down Worcester way.on Sunday.
Cheers
Keith :t:

juv Goldfinch light bill juv linnet grey bill
juv Goldfinch more substantial bill
juv Goldfinch light legs and feet juv linnet dark legs and feet.
juv Goldfinch more Black in wings.

Regards, John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back