• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Atlas Intrepid ED (1 Viewer)

bokaba

I got my Atlas Intrepid ED 10x42 today from Eagle Optics ($149 markdown from $600). I used them today to look at some birds and planes in cloudy light conditions. I think the performance is quite good. There is a little aberration around the edges and eye cups could be a little better, but the image is crystal clear, easy to focus, and makes you feel like you're right beside something hundreds of yards away. I also like the close focus. I was able to focus perfectly on bees about 4 feet away. The build of the binoculars seems solid as well.

I got my Atlas Intrepid ED 10x42 today from Eagle Optics ($149 markdown from $600). I used them today to look at some birds and planes in cloudy light conditions. I think the performance is quite good. There is a little aberration around the edges and eye cups could be a little better, but the image is crystal clear, easy to focus, and makes you feel like you're right beside something hundreds of yards away. I also like the close focus. I was able to focus perfectly on bees about 4 feet away. The build of the binoculars seems solid as well.
Good buy at $149! Huh. Quite a markdown.

Congrats on the new purchase, and thanks for coming back here and letting the readership know how things turned out. The Intrepid is a nicely competent bino for it's price class, and should provide many years of service, at least until you save up for your first alpha. It was a good buy at $199, but at $149, it was a no-brainier for someone with your set of specifications......

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back