• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LCD screen (1 Viewer)

roel

Hi!

I have a quenstion about the LCD sreen quality. I am using a coolpix 4500 for digiscoping (Leica televid 77 telescope, 20-60 zoom) and I have some difficulties in finding (and sharpening) my object on the LCD. If a common buzzard e.g is sitting on a tree for me ist is a problem to get a proper view on the screen. Is this normal? In other terms; is it normal that shooting is a matter of trial and error? I hope I can get more information about finding my object!

thanks in advance,

Roel

Last edited:
Hi Roel

One of the biggest problems with digiscoping is being able to see if the subject on the lcd screen is in focus,there are a few companies that sell monitor shades some with a built in magnifier,namely eagleeye & camera bellows.I believe one of our banner advertisers sells both these products(warehouseexpress.com)
Regards Steve.

Roel.Welcome to Birdforum.
A lot of digiscopers on this site (me included) use a extenda view magnifying shade which fits over the lcd screen this gives 2x magnification.As Stevo says try Warehouse Express they are a very good company.

Hi Roel, welcome to birdforum from all the moderators and admin staff. Hope you enjoy the site.

As Graham and Steve have mentioned, the Extend-a-view pro is a vital piece of equipment, shading the monitor from light and giving a 2x view of the monitor. Other tips would be to use the focus confirmation setting and maybe to zoom up into digital zoom to focus the scope, then drop back down to normal (optical) zoom to take the shot.
Regards,
Andy

Andy Bright said:
.....and maybe to zoom up into digital zoom to focus the scope, then drop back down to normal (optical) zoom to take the shot.
Regards,
Andy

That's a good tip Andy - I think I'll give that a whirl....

Thanks

Andy Bright said:
Hi Roel, welcome to birdforum from all the moderators and admin staff. Hope you enjoy the site.

As Graham and Steve have mentioned, the Extend-a-view pro is a vital piece of equipment, shading the monitor from light and giving a 2x view of the monitor. Other tips would be to use the focus confirmation setting and maybe to zoom up into digital zoom to focus the scope, then drop back down to normal (optical) zoom to take the shot.
Regards,
Andy

Thanks for this tips...I will check it out!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back