• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trekpod Walking Stick (1 Viewer)

BirdWatcher

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with a new product...
TREKPOD WALKING STICK with MagMount Quick Release system?

This is an aluminum, adjustable hiking staff/monopod, that easily converts in seconds to a stand-alone tripod. At the top is a MagMount tilt & swivel head, concealed under a cork or wooden top knob. MagMount employs a very powerful earth magnet and attaches to small discs you attach (and leave on) to the bottom tripod threaded hole on camera or optics equipment .. makes it easy & quick to change between your camera, bins, or spotting scopes or using the stick as a hiking staff. Compatible with most all bins and scopes.

There is a URL to an article on the manufacturer's site regarding the use of magnets with digital cameras and storage memory cards, saying the magnets are not harmful to either. There is, however, a caveat regarding persons with pacemakers not getting in very close proximity to the TREKPOD magnets.

Swarovski is also selling this product for use with their spotting scopes.

Another optional accesory is a ShotRest, for use with longer & heavier telephoto lenses or scopes.

I am interested in buying one of these myself and would like to hear from anyone who may already have one or has tried one out.

BirdWatcher

TrekPod Walking Stick

I saw your information request on the TrekPod. I am with Trek Technologies. We have had some great comments from people who are new users of the product.

We have a 30 day return policy if you do not like it. You are welcome to give it a spin if you like. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

Ed

Edlib said:
I saw your information request on the TrekPod. I am with Trek Technologies. We have had some great comments from people who are new users of the product.

We have a 30 day return policy if you do not like it. You are welcome to give it a spin if you like. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

Ed
Dear Edlib: Been to your site, viewed photos and the video clip, am impressed with the TrekPod--I noticed that you had a Swaro 65 scope mounted on it, but will it hold heavier 80 scopes? I know you use a clip to lock the scope to the mount, but it looks 'fragile' to me--will it hold heavier scopes and can you carry scope and mount connected while transporting over your shoulder like you would a tripod?

karmantra said:
Dear Edlib: Been to your site, viewed photos and the video clip, am impressed with the TrekPod--I noticed that you had a Swaro 65 scope mounted on it, but will it hold heavier 80 scopes? I know you use a clip to lock the scope to the mount, but it looks 'fragile' to me--will it hold heavier scopes and can you carry scope and mount connected while transporting over your shoulder like you would a tripod?

We will be placing on our website in a few days, a test that you can perform at home to see if the MagMount will securely hold the Swaro 80. It is a test to determine if any particular optical device can be securely held.

The safety clip is very strong and made out of stainless steel. At this point we are very comfortable with the 65. We have not been able to test an 80 yet.

Would you like me to send you a link to the test page on our site when it is ready. If so I would need your email address. Thanks.

We just got our 65 back in and we have a pair of SLC 15 x 56 binoculars back as well. They weigh around 3.5lbs. each. You can put them on the MagMount and carry them over your shoulder. You can turn them upside down and try to shake them off the magnet with the saftey clip on. They will not come up.

I think we need to put a video on our website showing this. Thanks.

Edlib said:
We just got our 65 back in and we have a pair of SLC 15 x 56 binoculars back as well. They weigh around 3.5lbs. each. You can put them on the MagMount and carry them over your shoulder. You can turn them upside down and try to shake them off the magnet with the saftey clip on. They will not come up.

I think we need to put a video on our website showing this. Thanks.
I am interested in the test that you talked about regarding the mounting of an 80 scope, and of a possible video clip. I contacted your email site and left my email address. Thanks, Karmantra :bounce: :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back