• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

600mm with SR (1 Viewer)

Definitely great shots, interesting to know if he used his Gitzo/Wimberley setup and SR switched on. Usually I have SR switched off when shooting with the 600mm, have to try switching it on!!

I use SR when the Bigma is on a monopod or even if I'm resting on a solid surface, IMHO both will still generate enough movement to warrant use of SR, as I believe will the use of a Gimball.

Tom, isnt it about time you upped to a K5 and made your rig a bit lighter|;|

|=)||=)||:d|
I use SR when the Bigma is on a monopod or even if I'm resting on a solid surface, IMHO both will still generate enough movement to warrant use of SR, as I believe will the use of a Gimball.

Tom, isnt it about time you upped to a K5 and made your rig a bit lighter|;|

Starting to leave SR on more often now particularly for BIF shots which seems to improve sharpness.
As to the K5 would love one Alan but with the Wimberley/600mm I would need a larger lump of lead to balance it, stops the barrel fouling the Gimbal arm. |=)|

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back