• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digital illustration (1 Viewer)

Paulo Alves

It has been an eternity since my appearance in BF.
I've run down some threads and saw so many good work... Congratulations to all of you.

In the past days I've done some digital illustrations, really different from what I'm used to... Well I decided to give it a go and came up with these.

Hope to get some feed back... ;)

Bufo-pequeno grande.jpg Bufo-real grande.jpg C_nabal7.jpg

very nice work...I know that this is illustrations,but think it would give them a bit more punch ,with a bit of background colour, even if it was a halo....mark

Attachments

• C_nabal7.jpg
    C_nabal7.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 69
It has been an eternity since my appearance in BF.
I've run down some threads and saw so many good work... Congratulations to all of you.

In the past days I've done some digital illustrations, really different from what I'm used to... Well I decided to give it a go and came up with these.

Hope to get some feed back... ;)

View attachment 399561 View attachment 399562 View attachment 399563

Amazing! Are these really your first attempts? Please share any tips, work in progress pics, etc!

Eager to learn!

Amazing! Are these really your first attempts? Please share any tips, work in progress pics, etc!

Eager to learn!

I use Corel Painter 12.

Within the program I just use the pencil "Real 2H Drafting Pencil", I change the size of pencil if I want to paint a detail or a great area.
I feel like I'me painting with colour pencils.

I prefer this pencil because it allows me to achieve great detail, if necessary. And I don't like to be constantly changing pencil.

I use very few layers. I do much of the work in a single layer, then I add one or two for shadows and small details.

Normally it takes me a day to make a drawing like the flammeus with some breaks in between [:)].

C_nabal1.jpg C_nabal2.jpg C_nabal3.jpg C_nabal4.jpg C_nabal5.jpg

Paulo...You are a very talented artist,..I have seen a number of your works,and no matter what media or approach , I always like what You do...These are just amazing, thanks for sharing the results and the extraordinary progression..

Super NICE!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back