• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss (Oberkochen) 8x50B (1 Viewer)

vfr1952

Hi. I have just got myself a pair of Zeiss (Oberkochen) 8x50B in near mint condition.I have been looking for a pair in good condition at a reasonable price paid £335 with pp. Any one have these Binoculars and what are there opinions . Thanks

Hi vrf,

I ALMOST... bought one two month ago, also mint, really MINT, condition. As its leather box. This pair was in perfect collimation and were a pleasure to look throught it! Fantastic. But (always there is some but...) the price was higher than I wanted to pay, U$ 700. I have other three binoculars, a Meopta Meostar 8x32, a Swarovski Habicht 10x40 WGA and a recent (it will arrives tomorow night...) Zeiss Victory HT 10x42. So that 8x50 would be reasonable, as a curiosity and to own another binocular made in the old style "as in the good old days" like the Habicht, at another price, to me. But I like it VERY MUCH!!! Great piece of optics and mechanics
Good luck with yours!

PHA

Last edited:
PHA

When your HT arrives (congratulations) you will have a really nice collection.
Enjoy in good health o:)

Lee

Hi vrf,

I ALMOST... bought one two month ago, also mint, really MINT, condition. As its leather box. This pair was in perfect collimation and were a pleasure to look throught it! Fantastic. But (always there is some but...) the price was higher than I wanted to pay, U$ 700. I have other three binoculars, a Meopta Meostar 8x32, a Swarovski Habicht 10x40 WGA and a recent (it will arrives tomorow night...) Zeiss Victory HT 10x42. So that 8x50 would be reasonable, as a curiosity and to own another binocular made in the old style "as in the good old days" like the Habicht, at another price, to me. But I like it VERY MUCH!!! Great piece of optics and mechanics
Good luck with yours!

PHA

Thank you, Troubador. Tonight my brother in law, a commander at LAN airlines, will arrives with the blue box...
As I told vrf the 8x50 I almost bought was one of the binocular I really like!
Ah! By June I will be in GB with my wife visiting our eldest son, an economist who lives in London. There we will meet with my two daughters who are around Europe, to go to treck somewhere in Scotland. Hope our 4th "child", the other boy will be able to join us...for the family reunion...!

PHA

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back