• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stolen Binoculars (1 Viewer)

gm_coates

Stolen Leica 8x50 HD Ultravid Binoculars

Hello,

I had some binoculars stolen from my car on Mon 8th June 2015 in Newton Le Willows

Leica 8x50 HD
Serial No. 1598198

Please can you bear this in mind if they are offered any for sale ?

Regards

Mark Coates

Last edited:
Hello,

I had some binoculars stolen from my car on Mon 8th June 2015 in Newton Le Willows

Leica 8x50 HD
Serial No. 1598198

Please can you bear this in mind if they are offered any for sale ?

Regards

Mark Coates

So sorry to hear this Mark.

I will keep a look out and I am sure other posters on here will too.

Lee

Did you contact Leica? If they're registered, some companies will keep a lookout for specific serial #s if they show up in their system, like being used as a trade-in at a retailer.

I too am sorry to hear about what happened. It just angers me whenever I hear about things like this. I hope the sob gets caught.

It would be great if the authorities resolve this, but there may be some things you can do. If I were in your position I will be carefully checking the auction sites. I would also be checking the pawn shops and the swap meets. I would also be checking both the printed classified and online classified ads (Craigs List here). Getting the word out like you did here is an excellent idea and I would also consider posting on other outdoor sites and contacting various outdoor and birding clubs. It is a lot of work but it is a personal affront so I hope you get your binocular back and you find out who did it. Besrt of luck and please keep us updated.

I too am sorry to hear about what happened. It just angers me whenever I hear about things like this. I hope the sob gets caught.

It would be great if the authorities resolve this, but there may be some things you can do. If I were in your position I will be carefully checking the auction sites. I would also be checking the pawn shops and the swap meets. I would also be checking both the printed classified and online classified ads (Craigs List here). Getting the word out like you did here is an excellent idea and I would also consider posting on other outdoor sites and contacting various outdoor and birding clubs. It is a lot of work but it is a personal affront so I hope you get your binocular back and you find out who did it. Besrt of luck and please keep us updated.

Thanks for your support

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back