• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Going to Elton Water Meadows for White Legs (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
Going to Elton Water Meadows for White Legs

I downloaded the Defra Map Grid Ref TL079 930 I assume I approach from Chapel Lane where do I park the Car. On the map where's the best place for the White Leg Damselfly and what others would I expect to see.

Thanks

See the attached map. Park next to Stocks Green and follow the track past the mill and over the lock. There are paths to the weir upstream. White-legs can be anywhere around here but have been most numerous just beyond the weir along the bank path. Should be loads of Banded Demoiselles, especially near the weir and along the backwaters, if the weather's OK.

Emperor patrol the river, Brown Hawker will be around, Black-tailed Skimmer on the banks and maybe Scarce Chaser on the river. Blue-tailed, Azure and Common Blue Damselflies, Common and Ruddy Darters may all be present. Migrant and Southern Hawkers should be on the wing.

If you continue west off this map beyond the weir you can get into the meadows off to your right. Well worth exploring here and following the Willow Brook upstream as far as you can.

Good luck - especially with the weather!

Attachments

• elton_water_meadows.jpg
    elton_water_meadows.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 99
Thanks Brian

Yes Hope the Weather improves I am a bit fed up
with it roll on Global Warming its sods law they say
its all going to change hot weather and all that and
we have rain for 40 days 40 nights :storm: god help us
that was a prayer BTW

No doubt I will get lost :h?:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back