• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stone Curlew in Central Europe ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

where is possible to see Stone Curlew in central Europe or bordering areas ?
( Munich + 500 miles )

Thank You very much.

Best regards
Dieter

Hello Andre,

thank You very good advice.
Hortobagy is an excellent advice I want to go there also because Aquatic Warbler.

Last year I was told the warblers was not there.
Does anybody know if they are there this year ?

Best regards
Dieter

Hello Andre,

thank You very good advice.
Hortobagy is an excellent advice I want to go there also because Aquatic Warbler.

Last year I was told the warblers was not there.
Does anybody know if they are there this year ?

Best regards
Dieter

Hi,

I would recommend Kiskunsag for Stone Curlew, Great Bustard, Collared Pratincole and some more, like Saker, ect. This area is so close to Budapest!
No Aquatic W in this year in Hortobagy, and who knows what about the future, the next year... There could be some problem at the main population of this species, that's why this extinction.
If you need some help in the field, drop me a mail to [email protected], or see facebook.com/birdinginhungary

Good birding!

Thank You very much Hungarian Birder for the information.

Did You contact birders in Belorus, there should be the most Aquatic Warbler ?
In Germany should be 10 - 15 pairs in National Park Unteres Odertal near Poland ( if they still exists yet )

One birder in Bavarian reported 1 bird in an public closed area 3 weeks ago ( he is responsible for this area ).

Suffolk (The Brecks) UK is good for Stone Curlew if you ever get to travel here.
counted 55 together last year as they came together prior to migration.
Weating Heath is the public viewing hide for these birds (good for Wood Lark here too)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back