• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Abbot's Lagoon, Marin County, CA (1 Viewer)

airs91

..Isaac..
Hello Birders!,

Today I went to Abbot's Lagoon in Marin. On my way in walking the trail I saw many male/female White-Crowned Sparrows. As I continued walking I saw many more white crowned, as we got closer to the lagoon I saw many Turkey Vultures flying very low near the water. They shared the skies with some Red tailed hawks as well as some passing American Crows. I continue my walk down the trail and come to a small foot bridge over the lagoon with many American coots sharing the waters with a pair of Western Grebe's, 2 older gentlemen also crossed the foot-bridge and they had large binoculars one with a sweater of some Black Necked Stilts, they were birders! I asked them what they were looking for and they said there were some swan nearby ( I didn't see any). I followed to see but only saw Mew gulls and Ring Billed Gulls along the shore. On my way out I decided to go under the foot-bridge to do some deeper exploring and to my surprise my friend points out a beautiful Great Blue Heron! He was extremely still standing at the edge of the lagoon striking with that super fast strike at some frogs..the bulge going down his neck said he wasn't missing! We continue our walk back to the car and I hear a familiar sound. I was happy to see a convoy of California Quail off to the side along some bushes. A great day!:smoke:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back