• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

2011 Garden Species No. 44
Herring Gull

Nothing too exciting but a rarity around here.

I havent seen too much of the garden so cant comment on numbers, safe to say that the food is going down quickly again.

Hello again everyone! Been bogged down once again, and not posted for a while. Too much stuff to do and not enough time for garden watching!
Saves me typing it!

Yesterday I managed to grab a few pics. Some of the birds are so used to me being in the garden they'll happily feed within 4ft of me ...

2011-04-20 wood pigeon.jpg

2011-04-20 house sparrow.jpg

2011-04-20 blue tit.jpg
Blue tits and great tits seem to love the cat hair for nesting material!

Edit - seems I've forgotten how to attach photos! How embarrassing :)

Edit2 - please work this time ...

Last edited:
House Martin

The first House Martin appeared this morning much later than usual. They nest under the eaves and did really well last year with 50+ flying around by September so heres hoping for another good year

The first House Martin appeared this morning much later than usual. They nest under the eaves and did really well last year with 50+ flying around by September so heres hoping for another good year

HI

Long time since I have been on here. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of our House Martins, expecting them any time soon........

Got some time off work at the moment, so will start posting some updates, and hopefully get round to uploading some pictures as well (please don't expect much from them !)

One thing I have noticed is that all the siskins have vanished, haven't seen any for a few weeks now, whereas before we had a group of 8 who spent nearly all their time at my feeders. Gold and greenfinches are back regularly, any ideas where the siskins have gone ?

Just had a blue tit on the grass, gathering moss for what I assume to be nest building. Didnt even notice him at first, guess that's what drinking cider and listening to Kyuss at 2pm does for you ha ha.

Hope you all have a good Easter with your birds. My husband and I are off to Gigrin Farm in Mid Wales to see the Red Kites for the weekend and maybe a couple of other places.

Hope you all have a good Easter with your birds. My husband and I are off to Gigrin Farm in Mid Wales to see the Red Kites for the weekend and maybe a couple of other places.

Red Kites are beautiful birds, you are in for a treat.

Hope the weather is good to you:t:

Couple of poor pics, bullfinch and goldfinch on the feeders :king:

Attachments

• P4210023.JPG
    P4210023.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 39
  • P4210018.JPG
    P4210018.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 40
A nice surprise this morning at 6am when I got home form work, a pair of Bullfinches feeding on the sunflower hearts, and an Nuthatch in the tree

Garden lifer!!

Got up this morning and did my usual thing - open the window and listen to the dawn chorus. Expecting Whitethroat or perhaps a Lesser Whitethroat, I was astounded to hear a Grasshopper Warbler reeling away in some nearby bushes. Hopefully it will linger!!

CB

Pied Fly update

Watched Them mating yesterday evening and again this morning. I was not wearing a long grey mac at the time!!

2011 Garden Species No. 45
Lapwing

2 over this afternoon, and nearly got a garden lifer as could hear but couldnt see the Oystercatcher.

3 Herring Gull mobbing a Buzzard and a whole lot of corvids mobbing a male Sparrowhawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back