• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gray, cold, windy morning, Illinois, United States (1 Viewer)

cwbirder

United States
I went birding with one of my roommates this morning on the campus of Northwestern University in Illinois, United States. I was hoping to re-find the Harris's Sparrow from a few days ago, but had no such luck. With the north winds overnight, there seems to have been the flight south of birds that were here on Thursday and the arrival to the area of American Tree Sparrows. Overall, the weather was poor, and bird activity was low, so we called off our search. Highlight birds of the day were an unexpected Black-throated Blue Warbler and a Northern Waterthrush. Because most of the warblers are really being reduced in numbers this late in the season, I made an effort to get photos for record purposes. Those are attached. They are low quality as the lighting was poor, but the Black-throated Blue is identifiable and the Northern Waterthrush is IDable as a waterthrush, though I don't think you could definitively say Northern without having seen it in the field. The photos have been cropped so that they can fit BirdForum's upload sizes and so that you can actually see the birds.

Attachments

• DSC02229.JPG
    DSC02229.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC02238.JPG
    DSC02238.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02242.JPG
    DSC02242.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02241.JPG
    DSC02241.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 54
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back