• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Halesowen (1 Viewer)

richarddavis30

Does anybody know the location of the hooded merganser in Halesowen?

I see it was put into birdguides and 9.31 last night?

Thanks

Richard

Does anybody know the location of the hooded merganser in Halesowen?

I see it was put into birdguides and 9.31 last night?

Thanks

Richard

On the overgrown canal by the Leasowes. The only clear stretch of water would appear to be right by the car park (accessed off Mucklow Hill).

Don't forget your Hovis ....

Difficult to say in all fairness. There was one last week in Wiltshire which probably was wild - could this be that bird relocating?

Worth a look - hopefully it will be there today and can be checked for leg rings, full wings etc.

Apparantly it was arrested by the Police after reports of a migrant in a hoody lurking in the Leasowes reedbeds - they get a lot of trouble in the park;) As for being 'wild' - if you ticked the Redhead a few years ago the world is your oyster:eek!:

Good birding - Laurie:t:

Photographed Sunday 20 March 2016 at Edgbaston Reservoir (if I've figured out how to attach a photo)

Attachments

• HoodedMerganser_160320_0011_800x600px.jpg
    HoodedMerganser_160320_0011_800x600px.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 288
Where about were they Matt?

Hi Greg

As you go past the lake (the open side of it), follow the path through the woods and there's a path that leads to a hilly area with cows in it. There's some plenty of bushes to the right and they were around there with Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs.

Sorry about the crap directions, I don't visit it very often so I don't know any of the local names for the area :eek!:

Leasowes this morning - Peregrine, Kingfisher, Raven x2, Buzzard x4, Stock Dove x4 Treecreeper, Nuthatch, Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush x2, Goldcrest

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back