• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB Conway Reserve (1 Viewer)

Eranou

Wales
Took a drive over to Conway today with unexpected results. I had to look twice from the hide when I spotted a pair of Avocets. Apparently they had arrived there today. Beautiful birds and a first for me! :D

Avocets

Eranou said:
Took a drive over to Conway today with unexpected results. I had to look twice from the hide when I spotted a pair of Avocets. Apparently they had arrived there today. Beautiful birds and a first for me! :D

Yes, we were there as well and were lucky enough to see our first Avocets. My first visit to the Conway reserve. Do they serve up Avocets for all the new visitors? ;)

photografix said:
Yes, we were there as well and were lucky enough to see our first Avocets. My first visit to the Conway reserve. Do they serve up Avocets for all the new visitors? ;)
Usually just beef or pork |:D|

photografix said:

LOL, nice thought. Birds on demand, like home shopping you mean ;)

lesf
Without the wings though and well done!

Katherine
Be nice to see a flock of them, very impressive.

Last edited:
The avocet pair have sadly moved on from Conwy RSRPB, so we're all still hoping in north wales for a pair to take up residence one year!

henerz1 said:
The avocet pair have sadly moved on from Conwy RSRPB, so we're all still hoping in north wales for a pair to take up residence one year!

That's a shame, never mind, it was a good stopover while it lasted anyway. Maybe one year eh?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back