• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help on Birding Please (1 Viewer)

BillytheBirder

Hi all,

I am an MBA student from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. As a group we are trying to find information about the birding industry. Currently, we are doing an external analysis. Our mission is to find out what birders desire...such as through magazines/buying birding products. For those of you who do subscribe or buy magazines, what medium do you use to buy them...eg. internet, retail outlets, subscribe through phone etc.

Also, we have been doing some research about laws and regulations about birding. We have found that there are a number of laws that are to protect birds but did not find any pending legislation in the United States if there is any. I saw from previous postings that the RSFB is in England and it helps protect birds and wondered if there is a similar organization in the United States.

Any demographic information about yourself that you would not mind sharing along with the above help would be greatly appriciated. We are trying to do a thorough job for our client and would like to know how to help expand the birding business. Thank you all.

- Ohio University

Hi BillytheBirder,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I'd have thought birding was already a pretty well covered subject. Even I get one US bird magazine on subscription purchased through the Internet in addition to two UK magazines and the RSPB - Royal Society for the Protection of Birds!

I use the Internet, postal service and tlephone subsciptions for them!

Other than that I'm not sure whether this is the right place for you to be conducting your research.

If you are interested in contributing to the site then fair enough, else your post sounds suspiciously like spam and will be deleted if this proves the case.

Hopefully we will see you around.

Not trying to spam

Hello Admin,

I am not trying to spam. We need primary research and being college students, we do not find many bird watchers, as we have found the average age to be 49, with higher levels of income. The key to us is to find new markets and wants of birders.

BillytheBirder said:
I am not trying to spam. We need primary research and being college students, we do not find many bird watchers, as we have found the average age to be 49, with higher levels of income. The key to us is to find new markets and wants of birders.

Regarding birders, did you try the American Birding Association? Here is the Web site: http://www.americanbirding.org/

Regarding bird conservation, did you try the American Bird Conservancy?
Here is the Web site: http://www.abcbirds.org/

One has to wonder about how well you have researched this. If in Google search you type american+bird the above Web sites are the first two to pop out!

Dalcio

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back