• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eastern Olivaceous Warbler? (Greece) (1 Viewer)

Tord

Hi

Can anyone help out in identifiying this species? I posted it as a Eastern Olivaceous Warbler but may be wrong.

Picture is available here. Hope the details are sufficient.

Thanks,
Tord

The bird is too colourfull for any Acrocephalus/Iduna/Hippolais.

I agree on juvenile Subalpine warbler.

Hi,

Thanks all for kindly helping out.

The photograph does not resemble any of the the illustrations I have in my bird field books though. Eyes and throat look quite different.

However when looking up the species in Birdforum Opus I notice there is a photograph of an immature individual on display, which strongly resembles my photograph.

I will update my post.

/Tord

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back