Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 21st April 2017, 08:45   #1
Warixenjalka

Help to ID Cuban insects and tarantula

All photos taken at 2017 February.

1st photo was taken near Varadero, Cuban north coast. It was walking my "huts" floor at the early in the morning. Maybe some House Cricket?

2nd was Zapata swamps. Some Hymenoptera?

3rd photo. This Hymenoptera was huge! Almost 10 cm long. And the tarantula was even bigger. That wasp(?) drag the paralyzed Aracnid across the road. Fortunately, I didn't drive throw them. This happened at Banos, Central Cuba. I also saw these wasps(?) flying around and when I saw it first time I thought it is Hummingbird!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qKuva5-11.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	687.1 KB
ID:	623466  Click image for larger version

Name:	qKuva5-150.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	623467  Click image for larger version

Name:	qKuva5-435.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	623468  
Last lifer: Great Northern Diver (#411), WP ticks: 300, Finnish ticks: 240, Eco ticks: 181

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warixenjalka/sets/
Old Wednesday 26th April 2017, 11:37   #2
Warixenjalka

On third photo is propably Cuban Tarantula Hawk(Pepsis sp). Family of that tarantula, I didn't figure out.

I'm so lucky that Tarantula Hawk didn't truly attack on... http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150...l-insect-sting
Last lifer: Great Northern Diver (#411), WP ticks: 300, Finnish ticks: 240, Eco ticks: 181

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warixenjalka/sets/
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: