Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Experience the Great Outdoors. New Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars. Visit our online shop to find out more!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 17th February 2005, 17:48   #1
Andrew
wibble wibble

Digiscoping Supplement.

I am struggling to find the supplement that came with one of the shop stocked magazines covering Digiscoping by Andy Bright. I have a slight memory that indicates it has been lent to someone so can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting a new copy?
Old Thursday 17th February 2005, 18:14   #2
simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I am struggling to find the supplement that came with one of the shop stocked magazines covering Digiscoping by Andy Bright. I have a slight memory that indicates it has been lent to someone so can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting a new copy?
Andrew

Are you thinking of the digiscoping made simple supplement that came with birdwatching mag?(piccie of a puffin on the front) If so try contacting Katie Fuller email katie.fuller@emap.com she compiled it for the mag so she may be able to help

Flickr under construction
Old Thursday 17th February 2005, 18:31   #3
Geoff Pain
Rural Member

There were two guides available,one from Birdwatching Magazine which is the one mentioned by Simon and one from Birdwatch Magazine.The Birdwatch one is called The essential guide to Digiscoping and the principle contributor is Andy Bright.I think this is the one you're after Andrew,if you contact the magazine you may be able to another copy.

http://flickr.com/photos/126691646@N04
Old Thursday 17th February 2005, 18:57   #4
Andrew
wibble wibble

Thanks for your responses. The problem has been solved as M N Reeder has kindly offered to post me his copy.
Old Wednesday 23rd February 2005, 23:00   #5
mickporter
Oswaldtwistle birder

Wilkinson camera's give away copies FOC. I got mine in their Preston Store.

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 24th February 2005, 07:29   #6
Andy Bright
Administrator

Sorry to have missed this one. There are two booklets, the first was published by Birdwatch magazine and was basically a compilation of the 10 or so articles I had written for Birdwatch magazine.
The second was published by Birdwatching magazine last summer and consisted of a number of articles by myself but contained articles by Katie and a couple of other Birdwatch mag regulars. Both booklets sponsored by Nikon, so don't go expecting much about other cameras in them.

I have a number of the latter booklets but very few of the orginal Birdwatch booklet left.
cheers,
Andy

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 25th February 2005, 08:02   #7
Leicaman

Both booklets were available at the Lee Valley bird fair last weekend from the Nikon stand and the Birdwatch one was also on the Birdwatch stand.

David

BF Supporter 2005 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 27th March 2005, 21:37   #8
GrahamD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bright
Sorry to have missed this one. There are two booklets, the first was published by Birdwatch magazine and was basically a compilation of the 10 or so articles I had written for Birdwatch magazine.
The second was published by Birdwatching magazine last summer and consisted of a number of articles by myself but contained articles by Katie and a couple of other Birdwatch mag regulars. Both booklets sponsored by Nikon, so don't go expecting much about other cameras in them.

I have a number of the latter booklets but very few of the orginal Birdwatch booklet left.
cheers,
Andy
Anyone know which issues these were in?
Old Sunday 27th March 2005, 21:43   #9
Andy Bright
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD
Anyone know which issues these were in?
Not off-hand, I think the last one (Birdwatching mag) came out last summer, maybe July or August 2004 edition.
The Birdwatch booklet was ages ago, maybe early 2003 (and the content from 2002)

If you're struggling to locate a copy of the former, pm me with your address and i'll send you a copy.

cheers,
Andy

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 27th March 2005, 22:17   #10
GrahamD

Thanks Andy.
Time for me to search through a few million bird mags I have accumulated but mostly failed to properly read because of time shortage in recent years.....hopefully I will have the relevent isssues....my suddenly renewed enthusiasm for bird watching makes that an exciting prospect as does the ability now to invest in my first ever scope, first reasonable binoculars and first (since childhood) camera ..and cant wait to read a review of the Kowa TD1 (?) as the combination of separates sounds very daunting for a novice.
But this forum is excellent for browsing on the subject and everything else birds even if the technical stuff is confusing at first.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: