• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Broken LCD! (1 Viewer)

charlierocky

Has anyone had the unfortunate problem with a broken LCD on there camera and can it be fixed.......cheaply? During my recent holiday I removed my camera from it's case and found a big black patch across the middle with a white out above it, leaving just a narrow band across the bottom that is working. Can it be fixed if so how and where?
Camera is Nikon E5600.

Attachments

• DSCN7796.JPG
    DSCN7796.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 112
Hi Charlie that's a bit of bad luck!
Did you pack in your case or carry it as hand baggage?
and will your insurance cover it (travel or maybe household?)
The worst bit is you are probably going to be
without a camera for a while :eek!:

Anyway I found this

http://www.nikonlinks.com/unklbil/repair.htm

Not sure if it's any help
or which will be nearest to you

Regards
Tony

Anyway I found this

Regards
Tony
Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. I will try the insurance but the camera was a present from my daughter so I have no receipt. Fortunately I had purchased a new camera before my trip so I am ok but I had become acostumed to my little digital and wanted it as a back up.

Anyway I found this

Regards
Tony[/QUOTE
Tony

I note that that Web Page is no longer being updated.

STBear,
Did you send your flash to Nikon or one of it's authorized repair centers like the one listed in Philadelphia?
Bob

The LCD on my old N90s cracked some years ago. I saw no real choice except to send it to Nikon. They fixed it fairly quickly for a hundred and something dollars. These repairs are always more expensive than one would think, so be prepared to spend more than you'd like to. But it seems to me this is something that MUST be fixed if you want to use the camera effectively.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back