• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular bargains (1 Viewer)

Bubbs

I had a look through the Nikon Action 8x40's a few days ago for my partner and they were excellent, with a wide FOV and very bright. Reduced from £119 to £49 and still available at Warehouse Express.

Bubbs said:
I had a look through the Nikon Action 8x40's a few days ago for my partner and they were excellent, with a wide FOV and very bright. Reduced from £119 to £49 and still available at Warehouse Express.

We walked Sutton Bank today and the view through my partners £49 pair of Nikons is stunning, and with a 10 year guarantee, what more can I/we say :t:

Bubbs said:
We walked Sutton Bank today and the view through my partners £49 pair of Nikons is stunning, and with a 10 year guarantee, what more can I/we say :t:

Just odered a pair of nikon actions for £49 myself from warehouse express, will be here tuesday ;) ,seems like a good deal.
I was ready to order bushnell's from a guy on ebay then somebody put a thread up saying they were fake.

thanks for the tip

regards
rizla

rizla said:
Just odered a pair of nikon actions for £49 myself from warehouse express, will be here tuesday ;) ,seems like a good deal.
I was ready to order bushnell's from a guy on ebay then somebody put a thread up saying they were fake.

thanks for the tip

regards
rizla
not all bushnells on uk ebay are fake, pos only the ones from the five sellers that [bushnell uk ltd identified] it was my [fake] post, glad it helped.

stuart C smith said:
not all bushnells on uk ebay are fake, pos only the ones from the five sellers that [bushnell uk ltd identified] it was my [fake] post, glad it helped.

Can you post that link?

Hi,

I'm very new to birdwatching, and want to buy a cheap pair of binoculars to get me started, the Nikon actions seem great value,

Does anyone know if they would be suitable for someone who wear glasses?

Thanks,

Julie

Hi,

I'm very new to birdwatching, and want to buy a cheap pair of binoculars to get me started, the Nikon actions seem great value,

Does anyone know if they would be suitable for someone who wear glasses?

Thanks,

Julie

Julie,

The eye relief might be a bit short at 11.9mm. This means that you might loose a bit of the wide field of view. No harm in trying them out and sending them back if they dont suit you.

At around this price I could only find the Opticron 8x40 Aspherical ZWCF (£66 www.tecno.co.uk) with better -14mm- eye relief.

BTW tecno also do the Actions (£43) -

http://www.tecno.co.uk/Store/s43019/0/Binoculars/Nikon/Action-VII-8X40-CF-Binoculars/details.aspx

Steve

Julie,

The eye relief might be a bit short at 11.9mm. This means that you might loose a bit of the wide field of view. No harm in trying them out and sending them back if they dont suit you.

At around this price I could only find the Opticron 8x40 Aspherical ZWCF (£66 www.tecno.co.uk) with better -14mm- eye relief.

BTW tecno also do the Actions (£43) -

http://www.tecno.co.uk/Store/s43019/0/Binoculars/Nikon/Action-VII-8X40-CF-Binoculars/details.aspx

Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I've ordered the Actions from Tecno, they should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully they will be OK, if not I can always give them to my Dad as it's his birthday soon (he doesn't wear glasses).

Julie

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back