• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What am I? (1 Viewer)

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
Captured this bird on Saturday, running around the mudflats at Mistley, its a lot smaller than a BH Gull, I think this is a underdeveloped bird but which one????

Help appreciated

Attachments

• what-am-i.jpg
    what-am-i.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 180
What am I? You are an incredibly disheveled/worn Black-headed Gull in my eyes. Agree that its a runt of some sort. Apparently has growing and feather problems.

Black-headed gull, but what a mess! Don't think it'll be going very far without any primaries!

I think that I can just see at least one black primary but I agree it doesn't look as if it will be going far. Agree it is a BHG. It may be soaking wet or there may be some sort of feather infestation. In any event it isn't looking good.

thanks all, I'm off there in a mo so I'l see if its still around, this wasn't going to fly anywhere

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back