• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Software for quickly viewing and deleting files (1 Viewer)

arjacee

Hi all. Was wondering if there is a software that one can view photos at 100 percent zoom and then quickly delete with one button. I always end up taking loads of pictures usually JPEG but sometimes RAW and would like a way to quickly zoom in to the birds face. If it isn't what I want then quickly delete and on to the next shot. I have recently started using Paintshop Pro x3 but it seems to view then delete each file takes a long time! It would be great if photos could be opened at 100 percent automatically! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Faststone Image viewer (free download) does exactly what you describe. Raw or JPEG just go through the folder of photos, hold down the buttoon to view them at 100% and delete as necessary. Unforunately I do seem to delete a lot as a result of seeing them like that.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the advice. Just downloaded Faststone and it is brilliant. Really love it and its free! Great for someone like me that takes far too many pictures. Just wish I could delete with one button without having to confirm by clicking yes. Still its a great addition which I had never heard of before your kind response! Thanks Bob you're a star!

I have since been playing around with the settings and one can instantly delete without confirmation. It is perfect! Thanks again

I have since been playing around with the settings and one can instantly delete without confirmation. It is perfect! Thanks again

Ok please tell me what i have to set to get the instant delete, as like you I take miles to many photos's and love this faststone app to view with. :t:

It seems brilliant. I have done more with deleting photos in the last 2 hours than I have in the last week. How come I had never heard of it! 5 stars!!!!

What a fantastic FREE program this is - it is so quick on my slow pc as well compared to photoshop.

Below is a before and after of a sparrow (not a great photo, just wanted to show how good this is) :eek!:

It took me about 3 minutes and never slowed by old xp machine down at all. Who needs photoshop when this does most things for the average joe who just likes taking a few photos.

FIVE stars for the guys that offer this for FREE :t: :t: :t: :t: :t:

Attachments

• IMG_0853 before.JPG
    IMG_0853 before.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0853_cr After.jpg
    IMG_0853_cr After.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 46
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back