• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji Finepix F30 and Kowa 883 Zoom (1 Viewer)

Dave Hawkins

Dear diary, what a day it's been...
Any body give me advice about the best adaptor for the above combo...maybe even with images??

Many thanks B :)

Dave

help please!

Any body give me advice about the best adaptor for the above combo...maybe even with images??

Many thanks B :)

Dave

Hi guys

Ref Kowa 883+zoom+Fuji Finepix F30

Any help gladly recieved, I would like an adaptor that stays on the camera, that is quick push fit on and off the eyepiece with or without the eyecup removed.

I have been getting quite acceptable results hand held (at amazing distances even for digiscoping) but these would be even better with a more stable set up!

Cheers and thanks...

Dave

I have to think Kowa may have a "good" solution for digiscoping connection. The F30 is just fine for scoping. You have invested significantly in that scope so it would probably pay to get something really pro quality.

However, there's also the homebrew option. Home Depot is the Yankee friend but if you have a home improvement or hardware store, they will be able to provide some great tools. Measure the diameter of the tube, use plumbing pipes and other various and sundry items to make the connection. Then try searching the infamous auction site for a "Universal Lens Adapter for most compact digital cameras". Yes, very specific, but I bought one. Get a step up ring to fit the pipe you get which will then fit the adapter you just bought. So universal adapter, step up ring and some plumbing (and that blue glue or similar).

And despite some success with digiscoping, bear in mind that the view with your eyeball is like 50 x better than any digiscoping photo. Don't forget to try videoscoping too!

BTW, the main strategies with the setup are both stabilization and light shielding (avoiding stray light), hence the tube. Play with distances because it can be counterintuitive. Sometimes you need the camera further away to avoid vignetting or blackout, due to eye relief.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back