• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No field trips but... (1 Viewer)

RKell1

Landrover, it does exactly what it says on the tin
Due to the need to rip up the kitchen floor tiles and start removing the kitchen units over the weekend, birding time was restricted to cups of tea in the back garden watching the action at 'feederville'. Usual bunch came and went during the day as follows
-Goldfinch,
-Greenfinch,
-Chaffinch,
-Dunnock,
-Wren,
-Starling,
-House Sparrow,
-Robin
-Jackdaw
-Magpie
-Great Tit,
-Coal Tit
-Blur Tit

About 16:30 I stopped for a refuel and to wash the dust away when the birds in the Garden started alarm calling. First thought was neighbours Cat but the Dogs were not bothered, until I looked up and saw this beauty...Thankfully I managed to grab the compact from the kitchen before it took off like a bullet into the neighbours garden. I got another glance as it sped past hugging the wall about 5 mins later with what looked like Supper in it's talons....The weekend wasn't so bad after all.. :-O :-O

Attachments

• PC180047.JPG
    PC180047.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 30
Hi Ray,

Nice shot, always have the camera handy you never know what might turn up. She looks to be surveying her Queendom.

Now I wouldn't have had any sound warning of that at this time of year, all that happens here when the Spawks (we have 2, one of each) are close is that everything takes off and disappears before they get here. When the Tits have nestlings then they trill their danger call but that's the only time.

Bill.

Hi Ray.
Did your last bird fly so fast that you couldn't recognise it. LOL!!
That's a good shot of the Sparrowhawk. Not bad numbers for feeder watching.

All the best.
Baz.

BazR said:
Hi Ray.
Did your last bird fly so fast that you couldn't recognise it. LOL!!
That's a good shot of the Sparrowhawk. Not bad numbers for feeder watching.

All the best.
Baz.

Thought the pic id'd it well enough Baz.... :t:

Tits and Chaffinches were bold as brass Bill while the 'Sparrowhawk' was in the neighbours garden, quiet happy to pop to the top of the shrubs and bushes in the garden and alarm call..

Hi Ray,
Nice shot of your hawk, well done. Nice list of 'feederville' birds too.
By the way, I think Baz was referring (jokingly of course!) to your "Blur Tit"!! ;) Quite a good name for 'em when you think about it!! :-O
All the Best to You Ray,

Ahhh yes :egghead: :egghead: :egghead: :egghead: :gn: ahhh now I see Baz...Thanks for pointing that out to me Judo...must use spell check...must use spell check..

Great pic Ray!!!
Certainly a case of right place,right time! ;)
Not a bad garden list too! :t:
Hope the DIY's coming along ok?
Best wishes,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back