• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Subject Distance with 7d in Exif (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
I cannot seem to get the subject distance to show in the exif on my 7d cannot find it in the DPP info file, but I can see on other BF 7d images in the exif with those using CS4 it shows up.

BTW I am using PS Elements 6.0

Does it matter that the earth goes round the Sun, maybe not.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be here if it didn't, so i guess that it actually does matter. I'm not sure why distance to subject would actually be important, same as exif, it means absolutely nothing whatsoever unless you were there at the time the shutter was pressed, to know what the ambient light conditions were etc.

Chris if you want to take the piss fair enough, but can you piss off my threads.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, does this now mean the poster of a thread should have control over who can post or not on their personal thread, and if they don't agree with what is said they should have the power to edit ?

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be here if it didn't, so i guess that it actually does matter. I'm not sure why distance to subject would actually be important, same as exif, it means absolutely nothing whatsoever unless you were there at the time the shutter was pressed, to know what the ambient light conditions were etc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, does this now mean the poster of a thread should have control over who can post or not on their personal thread, and if they don't agree with what is said they should have the power to edit ?

Well Twiddle Dumb and Twiddle Dee thought it would not be long before you got on the band wagon. which one are you..............

Well Twiddle Dumb and Twiddle Dee thought it would not be long before you got on the band wagon. which one are you..............

I have always tried to help anyone who asks questions on here, although with your obviously immensely superior expertise in the photographic world, your far more educated adroitness is boundless in its limits, so my puny attempts at imparting knowledge will never match your proficiency, so i will bow in deference to your erudition.

Personal abusive comments are usually the sign of poor education, low IQ, lack of respect and a basic difficulty in mastering a native tongue, reverting to "name-calling" as per a nursery school attendee, who quite frankly know no better. My son grew out of that at 7, as do most normal people.

Also, I happen to be able to spell Tweedledum and Tweedledee correctly, so for all my apparent faults, I am at the very least, not illiterate.

There are many words here with more than 4 letters, so a dictionary may come in useful for you, although I would suspect, your house does not harbour one.

Woah settle down folks.

Regarding the OP's question. I had a quick check with the software I have. In DPP/Photoshop it doesn't seem to show the info but in Lightroom it does. Why I have no idea. It doesn't seem that accurate though, it says one set of shots is over 80 meters away when I know for a fact it wasn't.

I have always tried to help anyone who asks questions on here, although with your obviously immensely superior expertise in the photographic world, your far more educated adroitness is boundless in its limits, so my puny attempts at imparting knowledge will never match your proficiency, so i will bow in deference to your erudition.

Personal abusive comments are usually the sign of poor education, low IQ, lack of respect and a basic difficulty in mastering a native tongue, reverting to "name-calling" as per a nursery school attendee, who quite frankly know no better. My son grew out of that at 7, as do most normal people.

Also, I happen to be able to spell Tweedledum and Tweedledee correctly, so for all my apparent faults, I am at the very least, not illiterate.

There are many words here with more than 4 letters, so a dictionary may come in useful for you, although I would suspect, your house does not harbour one.

Yes you are correct, the above just sums it up nicely, the superior position no wonder the lurkers will not post when they are faced with this.

Thanks for the emails of support.

Thanks HokkaidoStu for your reply, I was going to do some experimenting with the subject position AF, but looking at other forum posts its not as accurate as I thought it might be, and at the moment the cost of CS4 v new lens, always win.

Nikon Kid,

Just why are you Nikon Kid and not Canon Pensioner?

You may just have re-identified yourself with your bad spelling so perhaps the following definition of 'Twiddle' would suit you and perhaps even provide you with a new user name for your pointless postings on BF

twid·dle   /ˈtwɪdl/ Show Spelled [twid-l] Show IPA verb,-dled, -dling, noun
–verb (used with object)
1.to turn about or play with lightly or idly, esp. with the fingers; twirl.
–verb (used without object)
2.to play or trifle idly with something; fiddle.
3.to turn about lightly; twirl.
–noun
4.the act of twiddling; turn; twirl.
—Idiom

Last edited:
Please calm down, this sort of silly squabbling is totally unnecessary.
Our forums are not the place for the habitually intolerant... and certain characters just keep popping up again and again on our radar with this bad attitude.
Our patience isn't infinite.

Regards,
Admin

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back