• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 8x30E11 (1 Viewer)

I asked a similar question on 24th August 2013 and received some very helpful answers with particularly succinct one from Henry Link.

I don't know how to attach that thread to his one, but of you click on my user name and follow the posts to the above date and click on that you can look at the whole thread.

If anyone can attach that thread or tell me how to do it, it would be helpful.

Stan

Many thanks Stan, I will search it out.

Ben

I think this may be it, some helpful responses. http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=264975

Last edited:
For me the Nikon is easier to use if you are using it in woodland and adjusting the focuser more often. The wider field is also better for spotting birds. Color fringing is a non issue in my opinion for both binoculars. You don't need to own both, it is just an indulgence if you like nice binoculars.

Andy J

Attachments

• IMG_0362 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0362 - Copy.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0364 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0364 - Copy.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 413
Thanks. Not earth, but I'd be in violation of the TOS if I told you where I was so we'll have to leave it there, but I may continue the story on Ruffled Feathers.

Best Wishes for a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Brock

Thanks. Not earth, but I'd be in violation of the TOS if I told you where I was so we'll have to leave it there, but I may continue the story on Ruffled Feathers.

Best Wishes for a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Brock

Same to you!

Just curious, but if your New Year is prosperous will you be getting an SF? I wanted to be the first person to ask that! ;)

Bob

Same to you!

Just curious, but if your New Year is prosperous will you be getting an SF? I wanted to be the first person to ask that! ;)

Bob

Yes ..... but the 2016/7 8×32 SF !!!! ....... :smoke:

If Brock (welcome back! :) is selling the beloved Nikons, then he's either been abducted by aliens and brainwashed, changed religions (pastafarian?! :)) or had an epiphany and finally seen the light! 3:)

Looks like some financial scrambling and rationalization going on long term to finance that new SF ........ :cat:

Chosun :gh:

Ps. Brock ---- if your 10×35 EII needs a new home ..... let me know ;)

Same to you!

Bob
Sure he is. That is why he is selling his EII. He is finally giving up porro's because he realizes roofs are superior. He meditated with the Tibetan Monks and finally realized the truth that porro's are dead. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Yes ..... but the 2016/7 8×32 SF !!!! ....... :smoke:

If Brock (welcome back! :) is selling the beloved Nikons, then he's either been abducted by aliens and brainwashed, changed religions (pastafarian?! :)) or had an epiphany and finally seen the light! 3:)

Looks like some financial scrambling and rationalization going on long term to finance that new SF ........ :cat:

Chosun :gh:

Ps. Brock ---- if your 10×35 EII needs a new home ..... let me know ;)

Too late. It already has a new home in Arizona with Bruce H. I did not sell the EIIs (still have one 8x) because I had a conversion experience like you-know-who, I still prefer Porros. However, due to racking up thousands of dollars in vet bills (which are still ongoing) at a time when my income shrank due to austerity measures by a new publisher, some "luxuries" had to go. I have other bins that I will be selling, all Porros because that's all I own.

Brock

Too late. It already has a new home in Arizona with Bruce H. I did not sell the EIIs (still have one 8x) because I had a conversion experience like you-know-who, I still prefer Porros. However, due to racking up thousands of dollars in vet bills (which are still ongoing) at a time when my income shrank due to austerity measures by a new publisher, some "luxuries" had to go. I have other bins that I will be selling, all Porros because that's all I own.

Brock

Welcome Back Brock.
Missed your presence on these pages. :t:

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back