• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Russia June 2016; the Urals, Yekaterinburg and the Orenburg Steppes (1 Viewer)

magifrig

Not long back from a memorable trip to the eastern edge of the Western Pal. Chris Bell has produced a report so thought I'd share it here. Any questions just ask!

Cheers, Graeme Joynt

Attachments

• Russia June 2016.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 386
Great report :) I'm glad we're not the only birders who regard copious supplies of beer to be an integral part of any trip!

Great report - I'm not really into my WP list (at all!) but sounds like there are some great areas and some top class birds to be bagged. It would be nice if someone could pin down the Swinhoe's Snipes!

cheers, alan

Great report - I'm not really into my WP list (at all!) but sounds like there are some great areas and some top class birds to be bagged. It would be nice if someone could pin down the Swinhoe's Snipes!

cheers, alan

Yeah, we've probably taken it a bit too far now but might as well keep going |;|

Such a tough area to work, with habitat literally as far as the eye can see in all directions - and that's from the top of Mt Kvarkush! The ridge runs a LONG way north of course but you are limited to just a couple of square miles in terms of 'easy' access, unless you are prepared to hike/camp for several days each way.

Cheers, Graeme

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back