• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advanced new camouflage clothing. (1 Viewer)

paul goode said:
Plenty of dodgy ducks have turned up in the gallery Peter. I once did what I thought was right and pulled someone up for this. I was soundly criticised in the gallery but got a 'thankyou' pm from one of the mods, so make what you wish of that.

Yeah I've seen a few such shots but they are always very obious - either species that would not occur normally or birds that are clearly pinioned.

I do wonder however if anyone had taken shots of the waders at sites like Pensthorpe and tried to pass them off as wild birds... I guess it would be almost impossible to tell.

postcardcv said:
I do wonder however if anyone had taken shots of the waders at sites like Pensthorpe and tried to pass them off as wild birds...
I haven't completely ruled out the possibility of doing so myself, Peter!

;) ;) ;)

hello paul

well, you have made me re-think my bird photography techniques now. my cammo gear is now being donated to the nearest oxfam shop i can find, and i will try to do a straight swap for the brightest ski jacket i can get my hands on. and the trousers too!
and as i am that poor s*d that struggles carrying that 300-800 behemoth of a lens, i will put it on ebay and get a couple of 18-55 canon kit lenses instead, as you suggest. i may even camoflage them with a couple of ex-R.N.L.I. life jackets....

thanks paul....hope your other half doesnt go too mad at you....lol

Last edited:
as i am that poor s*d that struggles carrying that 300-800 behemoth of a lens, i will put it on ebay and get a couple of 18-55 canon kit lenses instead, as you suggest.

I've got a spare 18-55 lens that's I'd swap for your 300-800 (just to help you out) ;)

thanks postcard, but i will only accept 2x 18-55 lenses. aaaaahhhhh just the thought of being able to walk upright again...........lovely!

I find utilising two daughters under 8 and an age 3 son trying to rugby tackle them, with the girls wearing bright pink and screeching always help to attract garden birds. 8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back