• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what a sight! (1 Viewer)

sue webster

hi , was up at RSPB Sandwell valley on tuesday and saw a magpie playing about with something on the path by the pond. on going close to see what it was the maggie flewup and away with a frog dangling from its beak! we were amazed as we had not seen anthing like this before! nice toad in the pond too.!
Day before heard cuckoo on cannock chase! sue:cat:

Hi Sue,

A funny tale with the Magpie!

I haven't been to Sandwell Valley for a while now. Is there much around at present?

Great news with the Cuckoo! I saw one at Brandon Marsh on Sunday!

what a sight

Hi Sue,

A funny tale with the Magpie!

I haven't been to Sandwell Valley for a while now. Is there much around at present?

Great news with the Cuckoo! I saw one at Brandon Marsh on Sunday!

hi Pam quite a bit around at sandwell valley --several chicks on the lake . glad you saw cuckoo too. i like brandon marsh but cant get there unless my friend goes as she has a car. rspb sandwell had its 25th anniversary on may 17th with a party etc and despite the rain it was great fun! come up for a visit sometime --our oystercatchers are nesting i think ! sue:cat:

Wish I had realised it was the 25th Anniversary celebrations, I would have come for a piece of cake.lol!! I will probably visit in the near future, always a friendly welcome at Sandwell Valley I have found!

hi , was up at RSPB Sandwell valley on tuesday and saw a magpie playing about with something on the path by the pond. on going close to see what it was the maggie flewup and away with a frog dangling from its beak! we were amazed as we had not seen anthing like this before! nice toad in the pond too.!
Day before heard cuckoo on cannock chase! sue:cat:

Magpies will eat anything they can catch. A few weeks ago one was on the fence in my garden holding a Mouse by the scruff of it's neck, next day it had another from near the Bird Bath.

I posted about it here, but I'm not sure where.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back