• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tracks (1 Viewer)

did'nt think to have something to copmare size, would guess 35-40mm,will need to start carrying a small ruler:)

Not enough toe's for Otter?

Fox or small dog maybe?
Diamond shape toe's could be fox, Though with no scale and i am no expert just my opinion.

karpman

I would say definitely not a Fox as they have the two front toes well in front of other two pads, and as I said in another post, in fox tracks, most times you can draw a horizontal line between the pads without touching either . I don't think the pads are well enough shown to rule out an Otter. The impressions of the inner toes only show in very clear tracks. Tracks, fore foot almost circular 6.5 to 7cm long and about 6cm wide.
If I was pushed would say otter, but open to correction.
Best of luck.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back