• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Source for Strap quick release clips? (1 Viewer)

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
I sometime like to have some of my bins attached to my harness and the
crooked horn style have the plastic quik clips that go through an attached ring on the bin. Does anyone know of a similar quik clip that I could attach to a regular style 3/8 " strap, so I could change over to just a regular strap? The larger clips are for a 1" strap and also have a swivel, so they are too large. I'm sure that someone makes something like this.

Ask crooked horn customer support if they sell them.

Sometimes they do. Sometimes they'll send you spares for free. Sometimes they'll deny all knowledge and ask you to buy another harness. I've had all three responses from different companies.

The most flexible in this regard are the OpTech folks who have a system that they sell all the bits for (including a harness and neck straps and bin connectors).

The other problem is there are lots of "Fastex" like connectors. All subtly different and don't actually interoperate. It's very annoying!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back