• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hungary Gen (1 Viewer)

Helsinki Birder

Stealth Birder
Finland
Hi All,

Looking for any gen, old or otherwise, for the following species in Hungary.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Hazel grouse.
Ural owl.
Tengmalms owl.
Eagle owl.

regards

Owen

Hi All,

Hazel grouse.
Ural owl.
Tengmalms owl.
Eagle owl.

regards

Owen

Hi
you might try contacting the Bakory Balaton National Park staff - you could google it. I may not be spelling the first part right as it's from a memory of a few years ago. I did some work with them and they had a very good birder on the staff. I'm sure they'd provide some help and in English too. The bird reserve near the airport at Lake Balaton was fantastic.
Chris

Hi All,

Hazel grouse.
Ural owl.
Tengmalms owl.
Eagle owl.

regards

Owen

Hi,

We do not have any Hazel grouse in the country. This year is very poor for the Ural Owl, so difficult to find. We have breeding population in Zemplen Hills, Bukk Hills, Matra Hills, and possibly in Börzsöny too. Tengmalm Owl is a rare breeder in Hungary, not every year, and 1-2 pairs, usually close to the Slovakina border, at the area of Aggtelek. Eagle Owl is an easy owl in Hungary, have about 40 pairs in the country. For the first 3 I would go to Slovakia instead of Hungary.

Cheers,
Laszlo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back