• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FeederCam Wednesday- QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
A beautiful day here in South America- I am happy to have been able to get a few of my bird visitors on tape. On this video, 2.5 minutes@5mb, there is a brown thrasher, a bluejay, a dove, a male and a female cardinal. When the cardinals came tonight it was almost dark. I attach a photo of the feeder to show you how dark it was. The camera was totally tricked out- wide open- gain on 18, speed 1/15, and aperature 2.2. So who cares right? I just wanted to tell you this so you can understand why the cardinals look so bright for it being so dark. Artificial- almost like night photography. A very good camcorder with the lens open to the max and that little flourescent light out there make it happen here in HoodWoods. I'll shut up now.

iMovie

Attachments

• DarkFeeder.jpg
    DarkFeeder.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 93
Great stuff, Alan. And thanks for the explanation. When you taping at almost dark like that, what time is it? Here it's not that dark until around 9:00 pm or 9:30 pm.

I got a huge kick out of the curious dove! His/her actions were priceless when he/she heard the commotion. I'd love to see a thrasher. Such an interesting looking bird.

Thanks Tammie.

I too think the thrashers are very interesting and also quite handsome. They are sleek- like the mockingbird- very similar body shape. They have a kind of "fierce" look to me- kind of defiant.

Last night it was around 8:00 (we are on DST) when it got dark like that- but the cardinals keep coming till around 8:30. They are the only ones that come around so late.

Thank you for your feedback to my videos. It is good to know that somebody is watching them.

Watching them?? They've become an integral part of my day! You've gone and done it now........................................ ;)

alarson2 said:
Thanks Tammie.

I too think the thrashers are very interesting and also quite handsome. They are sleek- like the mockingbird- very similar body shape. They have a kind of "fierce" look to me- kind of defiant.

Last night it was around 8:00 (we are on DST) when it got dark like that- but the cardinals keep coming till around 8:30. They are the only ones that come around so late.

Thank you for your feedback to my videos. It is good to know that somebody is watching them.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back