• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A New *Feeding Station* (1 Viewer)

Chickadeedeedee

Yesterday afternoon we were watching the Gulls flying around. They were very talkative and we realised they were flying with their youngsters! :t: They circled and circled. It looked like they were taking their first flight and the parents were encouraging them! LOL!!!

Mike runs into the house and comes out with bread and fish. He breaks up the bread ... smears some fish on the pieces and tosses it on the roof! Happily he made fishy bread for the Ring-billed Gull family and tossed the whole lot onto the roof. :-/ I do like to feed the birds but am personally NOT a fan of having pieces of fish on the roof.

First the sparrows came. They were NOT fans of either the fish or fishy bread. The starlings came. Not fans of the new menu either. Then came the Gull family. Within less than 10 minutes they ate everything for the new feeding station. :-O

That's my story.

Loaves and fishes: now where have I heard that story before? There weren't 5,000 birds by any chance were there?;)
Keep an eye on Mike in case he starts growing a beard and wearing sandals, and tell him to be careful who he speaks to at Easter.

Baz.

Last edited:
Queued for 30mins for cod and chips at a popular seafront chip shop in Barmouth. Mrs P was tripped up by a toddler charging across the road. Picked up Mrs P from the gutter while a dozen or more gulls descended. By the time I'd turned round there was not a single sign of a spare chip, piece of fish or indeed wrapping left! Herring gulls must have asbestos throats!

LOL!!!

Goodness gracious Mike isn't any where near the level of the loaves and fishes story!!!

He is very loving, lovable and kind! Thank you!!!

Have watched for the gull family afterwards but they don't seem to be fixated on our ~feeding station~. WoooooooooHoooooooooo! LOL!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back