• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in My Yard This Morning (1 Viewer)

Brown Creeper said:
I saw a W.B. Nuthatch stashing away seeds in a little nook in a power pole!
LOL! That reminds me, this is the first fall I've seen the w-b nuthatches and mountain chickadees stashing seeds *on the house*!!! Tucking them into the exterior framing on the windows, under the edges of shingles on the roof, and in the corners of the wood siding.

If they don't eat this stuff over the winter, the house is going to look like a Chia Pet come spring with all those seeds sprouting every which way! :bounce:

This morning before going to church I observed the following birds in our yard here in Saint Joseph, Missouri:

House Sparrow
European Starling
Common Grackle
American Crow
Blue Jay
American Robin
Black-capped Chickadee
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Northern Cardinal
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Cedar Waxwing
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)
White-throated Sparrow
American Goldfinch

This morning the Purple Finches returned (or more precisely showed up) in my yard. First time I saw them this Fall season, last time I saw them in the yard was last May. I have been seeing them in the woods around town for about 3 weeks now.

Dalcio

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back