• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oregon in September (1 Viewer)

meles

My wife and I will be in Klamath Falls for three days from Sept 17th. We are visiting from England and are not very experienced with American species. We plan to visit Crater Lake and Lava Beds (not specifically for birdwatching) whilst there, and I am aware there are a large number of birding sites around Klamath Lake and en route to both those areas. In fact, I am suffering from information overload, as there are just too many, and I need someone with knowledge of the area to advise any sites that a foreign visitor not likely to return to Oregon again would not want to miss. Can anyone help? Note that we aren't really after rarities, just usual American species which don't occur in Europe. Any sites good for mammals in the area would also be gratefully received.

You should hit some good birding times...just up and down the coast is remarkable at times as there are many points where you can just stop and view the coastal habitat. You can also move inland from the coast to Mulheur National Wildlife Refuge and you should start seeing some inland waders, still a few song birds etc.... You seem to have a grasp of what is around Klamath lake...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back