• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winter waterproof rubber boots: advice needed! (1 Viewer)

gmax

Sontium Dweller
After reading through the threads, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" ...
What I'd prefer/want is a pair of waterproof boots (not hiking ones), made of rubber/neoprene or the like, knee-high (15-16" tall), with good thermal insulation to be used during winter walks through wetlands, marshes, creeks ... so it should have a good grip, be quite rugged but as comfortable as possible ... I'm also interested in wader neoprene boots or, even better, models with froglegs or protector leggings to be attached to the boots ..
I checked brands like Muck Boots, which seem to be quite fit to my needs, but they are hard to find in my area

Any advice from someone who makes similar use? Other brands/models I should look for?

Thank you very much,

Max

Hi Max
Its along time since I did any fishing so I`m not sure what is available now ,but the boots you describe should be available from any good Angling/tackle shop such as Veal`s of Bristol.
I`m assuming you have such shops in Italy.

Rubber Boots

I have had a pair of "Chameau" leather lined boots for over 10 years and they have been extemely warm, comfortable & durable. They have recently split at the side, but can't complain after 10 years. But at £200 to replace, I will have to keep out of deep water!!
I believe that the neoprene lined type are even warmer.
"Aigle" also make a good alternative - similar price.
Hope this helps in your search

number6 said:
Check out Dunlop Thermoplus wellingtons which are insulated .

Paul.
Are these the ones you mean? (As pictured)

I’ve got a pair of Le Chameau Vega Outlast Wellington Boots which I’ve had for around a year or so and in that time I’ve used them in all conditions. I have to say that I’m more than satisfied and am now happy to recommend them.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=44920&highlight=Outlast (Post 9)

Attachments

• purofortthermoplus.gif
    purofortthermoplus.gif
    69.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
warm wellies

javva said:
Are these the ones you mean? (As pictured)

I’ve got a pair of Le Chameau Vega Outlast Wellington Boots which I’ve had for around a year or so and in that time I’ve used them in all conditions. I have to say that I’m more than satisfied and am now happy to recommend them.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=44920&highlight=Outlast (Post 9)

Yes , they are the ones, they come recommended from use by boating teams in the antarctic and sub-antarctic.

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back