• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

best compact 10 x 32 binoculars (1 Viewer)

Hello all.
I am looking for a pair of modestly priced compact binoculars approximately 10 x 32. Obviously I want the best quality optics I can get. Price wise something below 100 pounds would be ideal. Use - well I suppose you could call it advanced birdwatching or similar.

All help gratefully received.

DC

In this format (10 x 32 Roof Prism) you get what you pay for. It's difficult to make a good one in your price range.

I have three 10 x 32's: Inexpensive, Moderately Priced and Expensive. The inexpensive one is not very good. The moderately priced one (Minox BN 10 x 32 BR) is fair. The expensive one (Nikon 10 x 32 LXL )is excellent! You won't find a decent 10 x 32 in your price range. Have you considered 8 x 32 or 8 x 42? There are some good ones in your price range there.
Cordially,
Bob

The Pentax 9 x 28 DCF LV, which I also have, is a pretty good little binocular, but I would not recommend it as a 1st choice for serious use. It's optical limitations are a narrow field of view and a rather small "sweet spot" of about 65-70% of the view. It is bright enough and quite sharp enough for it's 3.1 exit pupil however. It is excellent for casual use and travel. It's compact and light weight; significantly smaller than a 10 x 32. It will fit comfortably in a jacket pocket.
Bob

Yes, as much as I dream of 9x, this was not my dream binocular. It would be a 9x32 in any case. Maybe a 9x36.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back