• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Tits + photo (1 Viewer)

IanF

Blue Tits are my favourite garden visitor. For the benefit of members overseas, they are one of our commonest little birds being found throughout the country, favouring trees and bushes both in gardens and in the countryside.
For the last two years we have had a camera monitored nestbox (just a simple board camera) attached to the house wall. We have Great Tits over wintering and Blue Tits nesting in the Spring. This year was the most successful yet with eight out of ten eggs hatching and surviving to fledge. Since then they have been daily garden visitors to the feeders. It has brought great enjoyment watching their changing plumage over the last few months. They have now almost reached fully adult colours. This is one of this years young, male or female ? your guess is as good as mine as they look the same :D
They are very pretty little birds with an engaging character.
picture.JPG

Olympus C2100UZ

I know this post is old but no one has replied.

That is a great photo, i didn't realise how thick their bills were.

Graham

My this is an old thread from back when we had under 100 members!

I was surprised when I saw the photo as to how metallic the bill looks.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back