• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Editing Video - Panasonic DMC-G3 (1 Viewer)

Hobbes2

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is ok....

Having owned the G3 for 5 months, I have just used the movie/video mode. I'm really impressed with the reach! It's enormous! However, I have no idea now how to edit the footage. Is there a simple programme I can download which enables me to cut off/out the sections I don't want?

Many thanks
Hobbes

I think there was something included in the CDs for my GH2 (as part of the Pana package) -- I never installed so I know nothing more. I generally only edit my photos ;)

Niels

If you have a Windows PC it comes with Windows Moviemaker. It can be a bit picky over file formats but will do basic editing tasks. A good domestic program is Adobe Premeire Elements. I have yet the find a freeware/open source program that yields good results and is eay to use.

Thank you for your replies, Niels and Mono. Much appreciated. The file formate I'm using from the camera is QuickTime *.MOV. Unfortunately, that's not supported by the standard Windows PC Movie Maker software, which is rather annoying. I'll have to do a bit more searching....
thanks
Hobbes

Thanks Andrew. I downloaded the Avidemux s/w from that link and was able to eventually cut the back-end and front-end of the video footage. Saving it was a nightmare - the s/w doesn't automatically add the .mpeg or .avi etc suffix. So, I managed to save it as a *.avi clip. It still isn't capatible with Windows moveimaker so can't fiddle with it in there. In order to upload the file online I now need to work out how to reduce its size. After doing a bit of reading, I see I need to convert it from *.avi to *.wmv but finding a converter that's safe and free is proving tricky.

....Hobbes

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back