• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brief Blue sky!! & Birds (1 Viewer)

Judo

Hi All,
It was so nice yesterday to see the sun & a blue sky for a change, that after I'd topped up the feeders and put more food on the tables etc., I stayed out for a while & took a few photos. Nothing amazing, just some of 'the regulars'.
Then today of course, we were back to the rain again!! :-C but at least it wasn't continuous today, and I managed some more photos between the showers, during the brief dry spells, some of those photos to follow.
Oh, the difference a blue sky and sunlight makes!!!
Anyway, hope you like'em.
All the Best to All,

Attachments

• Jackdaw.jpg
    Jackdaw.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 23
  • H.Sparrow Female.jpg
    H.Sparrow Female.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
  • H.Sparrow Male.jpg
    H.Sparrow Male.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Goldfinch.jpg
    Goldfinch.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Starling in tree.jpg
    Starling in tree.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 19
.....and the ones from today.....

Attachments

• Great Tit.jpg
    Great Tit.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Great Tit (2).jpg
    Great Tit (2).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Blackbird Female.jpg
    Blackbird Female.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 21
  • H.Sparrows waiting to feed.jpg
    H.Sparrows waiting to feed.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi Judo,
Lovely photos as per usual from you, and nice to see them. Not been many recently but then its hardly been photo-taking weather has it..lol. Hard to decide which ones my favourite, but I'm going to go for the great tit..nice close-up ~ or maybe the Goldfinch ~ or...oh! I dont know..they're all nice ;)
It is indeed amazing the difference a nice day makes, mine were all out in force today..I think they were all tucked away yesterday as the feeders were hardly touched, and today was the first complete dry day we've had for well over a month now. I'd forgotton what a blue sky looked like! I hope we get a few more...I love winter...a cold dry winter not a wet one..yuck ;) Thanks for sharing your photos

Best wishes

Hi Dizzy,
Thank you, you're very kind. I agree with you re Winter, give me nice cold frosty mornings and I'm a 'Happy Bunny', (better for the arthritis too!!). Today is gloomy and dull but not actually raining..... yet.....!! I'm about to walk into the village to the post, so I'm expecting a downpour!!
All the Best Dizzy,

Hi Judo and Dizzy,
Lovely pics Judo,I love the Great Tit......he looks very smart doesn't he?
Yes the weather has been dreadful hasn't it.......on top of everything else (see my post "At last") the rain & wind bought down our gutters and some of our plastic fascias and we can't find a roofer who'll repair them before xmas....I just hope we've had all the rain were going to have for this year!!!! :eek!:
Best wishes,

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for taking the time to answer & for your kind comments. You sure have been having a time of it lately haven't you??!! Let's hope better weather is on its way!! and the rain goes away, as in the rhyme we used to chant as children " Rain, rain, go away, Come again some other day", some other day in the future!!!
All the Best Ruth,

Yeah it was good to have plenty of sunshine over the weekend, I attempted to get some photos too but only managed one of the sunrise before the batteries died.
I did get very wet in the boggy conditions but it was worth it as while I was looking for my first bramblings I also saw a buzzard being chased by some crows or rooks.
Both the bramblings and the buzzard were approx 1/2 to 3/4 mile from home in the local wood.

Hi Judo,
What a lovely variety of birds set against a blue sky.
I had Starlings for the first time on Saturday, phew! what a noisy bunch!
I'm so glad you managed to take advantage of the good weather and take such lovely pics to show us.
Thanks Judo

Hi Chris & pie,
Thanks both for your comments.
Chris, I would love to see your sunrise pic. Not seen a Brambling so far this Winter. Lucky you!
pie, I love the Starlings, they fascinate me as to how many different sounds they make, it's like music!! Many times I've been fooled by their mimicry, & thought there was a different bird out there altogether!! and their version of a 'phones ring has had me fooled on umpteen occasions, and had me rushing in from outside!!
All the Best to You Both,

Hi Judo, it seems I've lost the sunrise pic. Don't know how I've managed that, though it was doctored a little anyway. Giving the sky a very red hue, not at all how it was really like.

Lydia, Thanks for your kind comments, only too glad to have brought a smile!
Chris, What a shame! it's so annoying when that happens!All the Best Both,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back