• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon HG LX 8x32 (1 Viewer)

jgraider

I've never seen this model in person, but the reviews seem quite good. In my seemingly never ending search for an 8x32 that "fits".......My question is:

Is the stated eye relief accurate?
As a non eyeglass wearer, do you find it adequate?
Any comparisons between it and the Swaro SLC WB 8x30?
How good are optics by today's alpha standards?

Thanks!

I've never seen this model in person, but the reviews seem quite good. In my seemingly never ending search for an 8x32 that "fits".......My question is:

Is the stated eye relief accurate?
As a non eyeglass wearer, do you find it adequate?
Any comparisons between it and the Swaro SLC WB 8x30?
How good are optics by today's alpha standards?

Thanks!

The eye relief is accurate. It was among the most generous of its day.

In practice, with glasses, I find it as or more generous than Zeiss 8x32 FL, and with easier eye placement.

Unless you like focus with little fingers, the focus control is much better than the Swarovski. Close focus is substantially better for butterflies. Focus speed is rapid (too rapid for some). Sweet spot is larger. As I recall, feels a bit bulkier/heavier. Nikon "hang" is unfortunately horrible, esp. if you have narrow IPD. Rubber armor not as durable or well secured as Swarovski.

By today's standards, I'd say the image is excellent and comfortable but brightness a step down, a bit warmer color balance (towards magenta, not yellow-orange, so not disagreeable to me), more chromatic aberration.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back