• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon is reportedly lining up a £10m bailout package to help struggling retailer (1 Viewer)

JPAC

The Japanese camera giant is expected to pump the cash into the Leicester-based chain, which fell £12million into the red last year on sales of £304million.

It said it was willing to help the camera shop because customers can test goods before they buy them, which would boost sales.

Jessops, which runs more than 200 stores, came close to collapse three years ago but was rescued by main lender HSBC in a debt-for-equity swap that saw it taken off the stock market.

The bank took a 50 per cent stake in the business in return for writing off £34million of loans.

Jessops recently revamped its stores and online division to help get the business back on track.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/899666-jessops-in-frame-for-10million-canon-rescue-deal#ixzz1vVfHG4eL

Don't understand that when jessops staff all wear nikon shirts and give you stuff in nikon bags I would have thought they were sponsored by them.Obviously not though funny.

Don't understand that when jessops staff all wear nikon shirts and give you stuff in nikon bags I would have thought they were sponsored by them.Obviously not though funny.

Jessops were helped by HSBC so I think Nikon T shirts would be better than HSBC ones - don't you?

Ture enough but would have thought they could have got Nikon to help them because it would be wierd if they still wear Nikon t shirts but are being helped by Canon .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back