• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Honeymoon and Birdwatching (1 Viewer)

rachk116

England
Hi all.

Myself and my OH are currently trying to plan a honeymoon/big trip abroad towards the end of next year (October or November). We have 3 weeks and are willing to travel pretty much anywhere. I am the main birder but the OH doesn't mind doing a bit now and then. We would ideally like somewhere that combines good birding with a bit of culture and touristy thing along with the chance to chill out and relax for some of the time.

I'm looking for any advice of places that would suit this criteria.

Thank you in advance,

Rach

Thanks for those suggestions.

We have looked at both of these. OH needs a bit more convincing on India and also Gambia. I think they would both be amazing.

Rach

Belize. The culture's Mayan (and it's easy to arrange cross border trips to Tikal in Guatamala), the birding's fantastic, and although I didn't get out there myself there are some amazing tropical islands & reefs for chilling & snorkelling. Here... http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=83137 ... is an account of my trip out there a few years back.

Cheers

James

Hi,

Currently looking at Borneo or focusing on certain parts of Australia (I.e. Cairns, Sydney and Melbourne with a stop over in Singapore). Just need to watch the pennies though as I have realised these trips can get very expensive, very quickly.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Rach

take a look at Sri Lanka - my wife and daughter have just returned from a trip and despite neither of them being birders, they managed 60+ species alone captured with their bridge cameras.

take a look at Sri Lanka - my wife and daughter have just returned from a trip and despite neither of them being birders, they managed 60+ species alone captured with their bridge cameras.

I did a trip there with the OH for our Silver Wedding. Recorded well over 100 species AND saw all the main historic sites. Manic, but beautiful and probably not as expensive as OZ. (But you really have to like curry!!)

hello,
am Ismaila. a local birdwatching guide in the Gambia. the advice i will give you is try to come to the Gambia as you are a birder and OH. like cultural activities or touristy thing. just come to the Gambia, you will not re grate it. merry cristmas to you all and happy new year. all the best 2015

kind regards
Ismaila

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back