• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumping Drongo Cuckoos? (1 Viewer)

On the IOC, scheduled as a proposal, anyone know what's involved? A

H&M4 place all affected taxa under Drongo-cuckoo, but make no comment in the footnotes about any proposal to elevate dicruroides to species status.

Although the IOC proposed lump refers to Eaton et al 2016, that reference is not yet on the IOC Reference List. At present, I can't find the Eaton et al 2016 title on line, but I'm presuming it's James Eaton. Perhaps some keen OBC member could identify the journal in which it's published?

Late Edit: I've just checked James Eaton's peer-reviewed publication list and so far none are Eaton et al 2016.

MJB

Last edited:
Lack of clarity on distribution of Fork-tailed vs Square-tailed in particular wintering areas of the various subspecies and the assignment of the subspecies to either species being in doubtful is my understanding....

Thanks for that,
it isn't that long since they were split, surely this kind of thing needs to be reconciled before that happens?

A

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back