• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (10 Viewers)

Sorry Warixenjalka, returned to UK now. Was working for a week in the area. Seems like a great area and was really disappointed to be working 13 hour shifts all week which left no time for birding :-(

Still it was nice to get acquainted with the song of Thrush Nightingale and hope ti be back one day. :t:

Gambirder - You are in my neighbourhood!:t:

Have you been watching Arktika in Virolahti? How long will you still around?

Dartford Warbler - Chobham Common, UK, today. It's hard to describe how pleased I was without being "moderated" for blasphemy, profanity or outright obscenity ;-)

An amazing day on Saturday produced four UK lifers. In theory that shouldn't be all that difficult, since I've not reached 200 yet, but a flick through Birdtrack tells me I've never added more than three species in one day, since I started actually keeping lists.

Anyway, the extremely co-operative Savi's Warbler at Newport Wetlands put on a show and is now my most recent life bird.

American Black Duck at Frövisjön, Västmanland, Sweden on May 28. Nice bird although the Baikal Teal I saw at the same place last year was certainly more striking (but sadly considered an escape and so no tick).

Had three new ones over the past month, the most recent being a Great Reed Warbler at the northernmost tip of Öland, Sweden

Spot-billed Toucanet

May 30, 2014, near Rio De Janero, Brazil, at The Reserva Ecológica de Guapiaçu, on the Red Trail, just after seeing Saffron Toucanets, which I had not seen for almost a decade. Thanks to our guide, Adilei.
http://www.regua.co.uk/

Attachments

• Spot-billed Toucanet IMG_2366.JPG
    Spot-billed Toucanet IMG_2366.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back