• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK - Help Please - Have you seen one of these ? (1 Viewer)

changer400

I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that fo
Hi All

Judging by a lot of recent postings on this Forum , I was wondering if some of the newer posters had seen one of these recently , I am pretty sure that they are quite widespread and pretty much resident in most countries around the world , I appreciate that there may be subtle plumage differences , but I am sure they are available for all to see (!) ;)

Its funny , but after I have seen or photographed a bird that is unfamiliar to me , I tend to see one of these straight away , and then I see no need to post my obvious image here ;)

Maybe its just me ;)

Let me know if you find any !

Simon

Attachments

• Bird Guide SP.gif
    Bird Guide SP.gif
    86.9 KB · Views: 267
I've heard of these. One of those book thingy's. My grandad used to have one, AND he used to use it. I don't understand them myself. Are they on the internet?

The illustrations in this book are exactly the same as in 'Bird Guide' right? It is by the same people. I would like this even so because all my four copies of Bird Guide are either damaged or haven't printed properly.

Hi Simon

So you want people to stop pointless posting just for the sake of it? Is this a pointless question, or just another pointless post? ;)

Twite.

Why bother looking for one of these, as it's a lot of bother to turn those big heavy pages!

I tell you what!..............why not just put pics on here, and let every one else sort them all out for you, much less hassle.

I actually like the easy postings where people haven't looked in a book. They're the ones I get right.

I actually like the easy postings where people haven't looked in a book. They're the ones I get right.

Yeah but you can never get to 'em quick enough. When I glance through the i.d. header page I always go for the ones with the most posts as they're usually the hotly debated ones. Another tip - avoid the ones that say "unusual duck".

Sean

Last edited:
Hi All

Judging by a lot of recent postings on this Forum , I was wondering if some of the newer posters had seen one of these recently , I am pretty sure that they are quite widespread and pretty much resident in most countries around the world , I appreciate that there may be subtle plumage differences , but I am sure they are available for all to see (!) ;)

A considerably scarcer vagrant now than a camera, I've noticed.

It's a shame as loose our once-common sights in aid of 'progress' - In the field I've also noticed the long-term decline of species such as Notebook and Fieldcraft...

I know of a breeding colony of Notebooks...I trap and hand-rear a new one every year.

Is this being suppressed? Shame that Notebooks have become Schedule 1.

Sorry for the sceptism, I've just seen as much evidence of successfully breeding Notebooks in the UK recently as I have on Gyrs and Red-footed Falcons ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back