• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finches / buntings - Budva, Montenegro (1 Viewer)

General Melchett

About 35 miles behind the front line
Supporter
I originally thought the bird in the first photo was a hen chaffinch, but doesn't seem to have sufficient wing bars. The bird in photo 2 was on the same small bramble stand a few feet away.

Embarassed to say I'm not sure of the ID of either! :h?:

Thanks for any advice and apologies for the photo quality!

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_7325a.jpg
    IMG_7325a.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7325b.jpg
    IMG_7325b.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 90
Difficult to be sure, but I'm getting a fem Black-headed Bunting (or Red-head...) for the first and for the second Corn Bunting (altough something is confusing me about the marking on the face, but they might just be artifact)

the first picture i think is a female black headed bunting,
the second picture i,m not clear about thou the picture
is slightly blured it could be a juvenile bunting of some
kind.

Thanks guys. Black-headed and corn bunting make perfect sense as their were plenty of both around that day. The fact I didn't note a female b-h now makes sense |:D|

Not sure why the photos became pixellated during attachment. I figured they were obscure enough even without the black pixel clusters! So well done, and thank you very much. :t:

Cheers,

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back